Homeostasis of the gut microbiota critically influences host health and aging. Developing genetically engineered probiotics holds great promise as a new therapeutic paradigm to promote healthy aging. Here, through screening 3,983 Escherichia coli mutants, we discovered that 29 bacterial genes, when deleted, increase longevity in the host Caenorhabditis elegans.More information
- Researchers are harnessing the microbiome to modulate treatment response
- How diet and the microbiome affect colorectal cancer
- Can the Gut Microbiome Predict Response to Cancer Treatment?
- The microbiome influences the efficacy of antihypertensive drugs
- Combined Microbiome and Metabolome Analysis Reveals a Novel Interplay Between Intestinal Flora and Serum Metabolites in Lung Cancer